Let’s say you’ve been on a holiday, you had a smashing time and you took tons of pictures with your iPhone to prove to you did. Obviously now you would want to share the photos to your friends and colleagues who’ve been stuck in a sodding miserable weather in the meantime 🙂 But you don’t really want to post lots of Instagram photos of the same clear-turquoise water and blue sky one after the other, lest you get lynched by your mates. So what can you do?
One thing you can do is to create a photo slide show and share it as an Instagram video, or to Facebook, or YouTube, or email it to who ever you think deserves it.
Now, typically you would have to use some kind of slide show creator on your Desktop PC or Mac to make such a thing. But this way is always too much hassle.
Well, you don’t have to do this anymore because I’m going to show you, in 5 easy steps, how to create a photo slide show of your pictures with only your iPhone!
Install Flipagram – it’s FREE .
Tap on the Start button after you open the app.
Start choosing the photos you want to include in the slide show.
You can choose photos from your Photo Album, or from your Instagram or Facebook account. Obviously you need to login first to these account before you can choose the photos.
You can select more than one photo at the same time.
Tap on the ‘Next‘ button at the top-right corner of the screen when you finish choosing.
The next screen that appears will allow you to organise your photos in the slide show.
There are a few things that you can do, for example:
- Sort the order how the photos will appear in the slide show. You have 4 selections you can choose from: Oldest to Newest, Newest to Oldest, Selection Order (reset the order as how you originally selected the photos), and Shuffle (arrange the slides in random order).
- Fit – This allows you to configure whether you want the slide’s dimension to be cropped Square (for Instagram and other Social Media) or leave it as it is (the Original dimension).
- Add more photos: Just tap on the ‘Add Moments‘ button and start adding more photos.
- Delete any of photo from the list: tap on the ‘cross‘ icon on the photo you want to delete and then tap on the ‘Delete‘ button to confirm it.
- Move the photo around to change the order how the photos will appear sequentially in the slide show: tap and hold the photo you want to move until it ‘wiggles‘ than move it to its new location.
You can also ‘edit’ each photo individually. To do this just tap on the photo you want to edit and Flipagram will load it to its Edit Photo page.
In the Edit Photo page you can Move and Scale your photo, Rotate, Duplicate the photo, add a Title Text or Delete it.
Why would you want to duplicate a photo, I hear you asking. Well, since every photo will appear in exactly the same duration of time in the slide show, you can make a photo to show ‘longer‘ by copying it and place them side by side. Or you can make the same photo to appear in different time just by move the copy to different place in the slide show order.
By the way, as a default Flipagram will crop your photo square automatically (to make it simpler for uploading to Instagram). But if you want to start with the original dimension or orientation, you can configure this via the Photo Format setting. You can access the setting page from the main page (tap on the ‘gear’ icon).
Select ‘Fit in Frame‘ to start with the original dimension, or ‘Crop to Fill‘ to start with the photo cropped square.
Adding Text for Titles is pretty easy as well. Just tap on the Text icon and the Title Editor will come up. You can add more than one Title, Change the Font and Change to Text Colour on the same page. This is actually very powerful feature of Flipagram. On previous version you can only add text in the beginning of the slide show, but now you can add it to each individual slide (photo).
Tap on the Next icon when you are happy with your slide show.
You are almost there. In this Preview screen you can well … ‘preview‘ how your slide show will play. Just tap on the play button.
Additionally you can do also the followings:
- Add Music or Voice: Yes you can add sound to your slide show. Tap the Audio icon and you will be able to choose to add music from your Music Library, to find music from the iTunes Store (use free 30 second clip) or you can even record your own voice! After you select the music you can then select at which point the music should start playing. You can do this easily by swiping left and right on the audio graph.
- Set your slide show to auto-time for Flipagram, Instagram or Vine: since Instagram only allows you to upload a maximum 15 seconds video, Flipagram can automatically change the timing of your slide show to match this (notice the time marker is changed when you do this). Basically it will divide how long each photo will appear evenly in the slide show, making it longer or shorter, to match the 15 seconds limitation. If you don’t set this option, Flipagram will set each photo to appear approximately 1 second, and there is no maximum time, you can add as many photo as you want.
- Add a Title: You can add a title to your slide show, which will be shown in the beginning. Note that as you can see from Step 3, you can add title to the photo individually.
- Add Filter: Flipagram features 16 video filters that you can apply to your slide show. It’s very easy to do it, just like with Instagram, just choose any of the filter and you will see the effect applied to your slide show immediately.
- Get rid off Flipagram watermark/logo: by default Flipagram will add ‘Flipagram’ watermark on every slide show created using Flipagram. You can get rid off the watermark, but you have to pay for it 🙂 Or you can try this trick to ‘cut it off’ for FREE! The advantage of paying for it is that then you can ‘add’ your own watermark.
When you are happy with your slide show, tap on the ‘Next‘ icon to finalise the creation of the video.
Add a caption to identify your Slide Show, tap on Next, and it’s Done!
Your video slide show has now been created and saved in your Flipagram’s own album as well as in the Camera Roll (if you turn on Auto-Save in the setting).
You can now share your creation to the world!
Here is the resulting Slide Show that I created above:
If you have any question or comment about this tutorial please do not hesitate to write it in the comment below.
And if you found this tutorial useful for you please don’t be shy to share it to your friends and followers, the sharing buttons are just on the left hand side, and let me thank you personally for that.