Recently I’ve been visiting this cool site called Quora.com. On this site users can ask any questions which then can be answered by other users. Naturally one of the topic that I immediately went to was on Instagram. After monitoring this topic for a few days I was quite taken aback on how many Instagram Users who said that they couldn’t login to their account for one or other reason. The reasons were ranging from as simple as forgotten password to the more sinister one like the account being hacked.
But one reason that was really amazed me was that the revelation that many Instagram Users were registering their account using a ‘FAKE Email’!
I admit after thinking about this a little more, I realised that this might seem to be a good idea at first, especially if I think about privacy issue. But unfortunately this will come back and bite the user very hard.
See, without a real AND working email address there is no way on earth that you can recover your account when disaster come knocking on the door.
So here is my first and one of the most important Instagram tips of 2015 …
Check your Instagram email address, make sure that it’s a real one and that it’s working and that you can access and read it!
How do you check your Instagram email and change it? Here is how:
You can check and change your email in two ways, via the Instagram app and via the Web.
From the Instagram App:
1. Go to your Instagram Profile and tap on the ‘Edit Your Profile‘ button.
2. Your registered email address should be shown under the Private Information section. Make sure that this is a real email address, otherwise tap on the field and change it.
3. You will then get confirmation to your new email address. Make sure that you open this email and read the instructions on it to verify your email.
From the Web:
1. Go to Instagram.com and login to your Instagram account.
2. Click on your Profile Picture at the top right corner to access the profile menu. Click on the Edit Profile menu item.
3. This will take you to the Edit Profile page. Here you can see your email address and your other details. Again make sure that your email is real. Change it if necessary. And don’t forget to Submit the change.
By the way, if you notice, there are many other things you can do in this page, some of which you can’t get from the mobile app. For example you can manage access from third party applications and change your password.
Important Note: If for some reason you’ve already had difficulties in logging into your account, please check this official Instagram Help page. It will detail on steps you could take to get your account back.