Top 50 Free Mobile Photography Apps for Android and iPhone
Do you ever wonder who takes pictures with cameras anymore? You look around and it seems like people always have their phones out at concerts, in scenic places, or when something newsworthy is happening. You don’t really see regular cameras anymore.
Maybe that’s not so surprising. Cell phones nowadays take great photos. It’s hard to image what it would be like if we weren’t able to take photos on our phone. The moments that we would fail to capture, the memories that disappeared.
In fact, there is a large group of people who grew up with cells phones and don’t know any other way.
Luckily that’s not a problem anymore because phone designers are constantly improving their cameras.
Why Use Photography Apps?
Whether you are a beginner or an expert, photography apps can help improve your photos. You can add filters, edit out redeye, or add some special touches to make it look even better than before.
These types of apps are great because they allow for exploration. This means that beginners can figure things out on their own, while experts get to play with their sense of style and discover new things.
You would be surprised at how one app can change your photo’s style, mood, and looks. There are some that can make your photo actually look like it’s been drawn or painted.
Top 50 Free Mobile Photography Apps
There are thousands of apps for Androids and iPhones. We went through them all and looked at what the apps offered and reviews of the app. It’s always good to check out reviews because anything can sound good, but doesn’t always deliver.
It would be terrible if you downloaded something that takes space up on your phone, only to find out it doesn’t work at all.
Each of these apps offer their own special features, though many of these apps share the same ones. Of course, there are more than just the top 50 free mobile photography apps we listed here.
- 1Snapseed for Android
- 2PicsArt Photo Studio for iPhone and Android
- 3Cymera for Android
- 4Open Camera for Android
- 5Instagram for both iPhone and Android
- 6Adobe Photoshop Express for iPhone and Android
- 7Adobe Photoshop Lightroom for iPhone and Android
- 8VSCO for iPhone and Android
- 9EyeEm for iPhone and Android
- 10Pixlr iPhone and Android
- 11Camera+ for iPhone
- 12Camera FV-5 for Android
- 13Fotor for iPhone and Android
- 14Prisma for Android
- 15Photo Editor Pro- Photo Collage for Andriod
- 16Aviary Photo Editor for iPhone and Android
- 17Lens Distortions for iPhone
- 18Flickr for iPhone and Android
- 19Repix for iPhone and Android
- 20Litely for iPhone and Android
- 21Photo Studio for Android
- 22Heic Converter to JPEG or PNG for iPhone
- 23iMazing HEIC Converter for iPhone
- 24Filterstorm Neue for iPhone
- 25Enlight for iPhone
- 26Metures for iPhone
- 27Sweet Camera- Selfie Filters, Beauty Camera for Android
- 28Google Photos for Android
- 29Factune for Android
- 30Collage Maker for Android
- 31Shutterfly for iPhone and Android
- 32PhotoScape X- Photo Editor for iPhone
- 33Fotor Photo Editor for iPhone
- 34Fujifilm Kiosk Photo Transfer for Android
- 35AirBrush: Easy Photo Editor for Android
- 36Polarr Photo Editor for iPhone
- 37Photo Image Editor Pixelstyle for iPhone
- 38FreePrints- Free Photos Delivered for Android
- 39GoPro for Android
- 40Filters for Photos for iPhone
- 41B612- Beauty & Filter Camera for Android
- 42Keepsafe Photo Vault: Hide Private Photos & Videos for Android
- 43Photo Editor Lite Movavi: Adjust and Enhance for iPhone
- 44watermark PRO for iPhone
- 45Blur Image Background Editor for Android
- 46Night Camera (Photo and Video) for Android
- 47Cartoon Art Pics Photo Editor for Android
- 48Picture Collage Maker Lite for iPhone
- 49Shutterfly Photo Books for iPhone
- 50Pip Camera- Photo Editor Pro for Android
Making Photography a Snap
All these apps are great for enhancing your photos for profile pictures, artwork, blogs, and so much more. If you end up liking photo editing more than you thought you would, maybe think about investing some money into it.
Some apps that start out as free have in app purchases. If you are hesitant to spend money on a photo editing app, maybe look into one that you have. This way it may only be a couple of dollars and it’s an app you are already familiar with.
While these top 50 free mobile photography apps are great, there are some that have more features. They may help with finer details, give more options for filters, and customization options.
But for now, these apps are good for anyone that is either dabbling in photography or is on a budget.
No products found.
Last update on 2021-08-02 at 10:18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Want to take cooler pics with your phone? Use Olloclip's 4-in-1 lens to take your mobile photography to the next level with macro, fisheye, and wide-angle lenses.