With the usual feeling of euphoria in anticipation of the Apple’s event on the 9th of September, much had been said about the latest generation of the iPhone, the iPhone 6.
Many had also been creating mock-ups, from total artist imagination to sample unit ‘assembled’ from hardware parts. But none of these probably come as close as this latest leak of the iPhone 6 4.7″, created by a Russian YouTube user Rozetked.
You can watch the video in its entirety at the bottom of this page, but if you don’t have 4 minutes to spare, here are the summary of what we can expect from the iPhone 6:
1. Rounded corner and edges, which reminds me of the first generation iPhone.
2. Power button is moved from the top to the right-hand side.
5. The Apple logo is made of some metal alloy called ‘Liquidmetal‘, which apparently strong, difficult to scratch and corrosion resistance. This reminds me of Terminator 2 🙂
7. The front glass, as we already found out, is not from Sapphire glass.
8. Touch ID is not convex, the ring is decreased and the sensor area is increased. Probably to make detection easier?
9. Facetime camera has been moved from the top of the speaker to the left-hand side, like in the iPhone 4/4s.
10. Mute and Volume button still on the same left-hand side.
11. The Speaker and Microphone seems to occupy the same space, like in the latest iPod Touch.
12. The same Lightning connection.
13. The same double LED Flash, like in iPhone 5s, but rather then oval shape it has a round shape.
14. The camera lens is sticking out, similar to the one in iPod Touch. Seems that Apple need to compensate the slimness of the body somehow. Unfortunately that is just about as much info we can glimpse about the camera from this video.
Though according to this post, we can expect the iPhone 6 to stick with 8Mpx sensor, but with better Aperture f/2.0 and bigger sensor pixel. All of these mean that even if you are getting the same size of image, you will have more lights coming in, more lights mean more details. Bigger aperture means also better low light performance.
And here is the full video … enjoy!
Disclaimer: All screenshots are taken from the same video featured in this post, they all belong to the video creator.